MSOF seeks Board candidates who are invested in the health and legacy of the special operations community to join our dynamic team.
The Military Special Operations Family Collaborative is a nonprofit public health initiative for the special operations community. We are working to change the healthcare paradigm in special operations from one focused on illness, disease, inability and disability to a vision of health, high performance, success, and lifelong happiness.
We seek to be a trusted collaborator with the ability to harness grassroots level feedback for the whole SOF community on matters related to health and wellbeing. MSOF believes resources and care should meet the specific long-term needs of SOF, should take the whole family into account, and should be evidence-based.
We focus on identifying gaps in care and eliminating systematic barriers to care through three pillars of action: Education, Research and Connection. Our activities include SOF-specific health education for all stakeholders (families, leaders, providers, organizations, etc.), direct referrals to SOF-vetted treatments and resources, collaborative clinical research and community surveys, and program consulting and evaluation services.
MSOF is beginning its 4th year, and we need to pursue sustainability, strengthen strategic relationships, and align the SOF Health Center of Excellence’s development with the strategic health needs of the SOF community. To meet these growth goals, we are seeking Board candidates who are invested in the health and legacy of the special operations community.
The ideal MSOF Board Member will:
- Set and review strategic priorities that align with the MSOF mission, vision, and values
- Safeguard the assets of the organization and provide financial oversight
- Assess organizational structure and policies related to staffing, funding, and programs
- Be an enthusiastic advocate of the MSOF mission – internally and externally
- Set, monitor, and uphold high standards of ethical leadership at all levels
- Attend virtual quarterly meetings, to include mandatory annual meeting in January
- Commit to serve a term of 2 years, renewable
MSOF Board of Directors Candidate Application: https://forms.gle/mKEvef6vPDNEA7P4A