The Role of Community in Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy for Special Ops
On April 25th, 2023, the Military Special Operations Family Collaborative hosted a SOF Health Deep Dive live Q&A with several experts (jump to experts) on these important questions surrounding psychedelic-assisted therapy for special operations community members:
- What do we know about previous and ongoing psychedelic therapy research?
- What questions should SOF veterans and families be asking?
- How do we navigate the intersection of community, faith, and psychedelic use?
Please share this page widely with any special ops service members, veterans, family members, and providers in your networks to help us get the information and resources (jump to resources) to everyone who might need to know.
And if you attended the live event, or watched the recording, please share your feedback (here) so we can continue to improve these events in the future. Thank you!
Deep Dive Replay
Deep Dive Expert Speakers
Resources on Cancer in SOF
- The New York Times Daily Podcast “The Veterans Fighting to Legalize Psychedelics”
- The Economist Podcast “Should Psychedelics be more widely available”
- JAMA Psychiatry: “Effects of Psilocybin-Assisted Therapy on Major Depressive Disorder”
- National Library of Medicine: “Psychedelic Group Therapy: A Systematic Review”
- Nature.com “Effects of Ayahuasca on Mental Health and Quality of Life in Naive Users”
- “How to Change Your Mind” by Journalist Michael Pollan
Dr. Ghaznavi’s Slides
Research & Academic Papers
If you missed the March Team Room you can watch the replays at the Global SOF Foundation website. And check out other virtual SOF health events by subscribing to MSOFC’s YouTube channel.